W124 Front seat... will not move on runner

joe1972

Reaction score
Hi all.

The missus can't drive my W124 e300d......
because the drivers seat will not move on the runner, no matter how hard the lever/handle at the front corner of the seat is pulled. Therefore the seat stays most of the way back (I'm 6'6", she's 5'5" lol)

Father-in-law has been the only person able to adjust it...with a long flat blade screwdriver attacking it from the back.

I'm guessing it is down to wear of the mechanism somewhere, but can't for the life of me see where?

The seat is totally manual, so no fancy electrics here.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Is there a specific part I should be looking at? (diagrams or photos would be ideal)
Is it fixable or am I most likely looking at another seat?:(

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
easy enough to take out ---undo the bolts in the runners -you should then be able to turn it over and see the problem ?

OP
J

joe1972

Reaction score
I was thinking it might be wear of the mechanism?, as it will not move forward or backwards...unless it's two coins! (but father-in-law must have levered something with the screwdriver)
Also, simply unbolting from the floor pan is not the simple option normally thought as I can't get the the bolt heads without moving the seat forward and backwards.:(
In situations like this I need longer thinner arms with about 6 joints, and a pair of eyes on wire, so I can get under and see what's going on:lol:

will be investigated later

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The lever 44 in the link is not lifting the catch high enough to clear the rack

Top Bottom