W124 - New suspension

WDB124066

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet X 2
Do you like the blue, is it better than black now that it's fitted.....?

I am considering the same.

maska

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class
Yeah, I am a W124 nut. I just love them and wish that I could afford a garage with one of each type of W124 in it.

Photos of the soft-top replacement to follow soon.

I get all my work done by a garage as I am not a spanners man. It costs a lot but not as much as a new Mercedes that's why I do jobs in phases. I have to save up the cash before each is commissioned.

To me, a car is a piece of machinery and if well looked after, it can be a beautiful piece of machinery. I refer to Jeremy Clarkson's glass topped coffee table supported by a V8 engine, absolutely great.

I Think You'll Find Its A V12 Engine Block ! Sorry

Last edited:

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
I am about to do this on my BMW 2002. The great thing about cats with subframes is that you can build the subframe off the car then fit it.

The problem is that a fully-loaded subframe is going to weigh a couple of hundred kilos..

Nick Froome

Post a pic Nick ? --is it a Turbo --I ran a 2002Tii a long time ago before changing to M.B.-it was sold for classic car racing.

syncropaddy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
.... too many cars!
When time permits I hop to put both my w124 and W126 on stands and drop everything off the underside and completely refurbish all the suspension, steering and brakes as well as the underside of the floor. I wont powder coat anything though as it isnt designed to protect! I will use good old paint and a few new parts!

That Cab looks fabulous!

Last edited:
Top Bottom