W124 wiring

balge59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 190E 2.0 Automatic
hi
my 1993 300TD appears to have a problem with air con - but not a usual one...
A/C doesn't work (unsurpising..) but neither does tacho, temp gauge is wildly erratic and the transmission seems...woolly (but it does need a throttle cable fitting, which may sort that)
Current set up involves a fitted compressor, console with proper a/c control set, an extra switch in the panel (on switch?)
Problems include relays - I have an 'ELR' and 'kickdown' not 'klima' and appear to be short of several sensors.....
Latest problem is that MB dealer when emailed seemed to think the car was not originally fitted with a/c......I cant get the VIN decoded anymore, all my old links are dead
And I can't find a specifically UK wiring diagram for a 93 300TD to even start diagnosing properly
So.....can anyone point me to a wiring diagram for a/c and non a/c cars and
a VIN decoder, or info on non a/c 300TD relay set up?

Its a beaut car, but some of the electrics have been 'repaired'
Is it a bodged install, or a halfhearted repair...

cheers!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
OP
balge59

balge59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 190E 2.0 Automatic
Hi
cheers for that, same problem though, they only have the a/c diagrams and I think the ones you linked are the automatic control type? What I have looks to be off the manual control type
I know there's a lot in common, but there's a lot of little differences too...not sure how much of what's different is wrong because its different, or different because its wrong :confused::confused::confused:

I'm getting quite worried about the whole electrical system now, mainly the fuel system as it seems to be affecting performance. Not had a diesel before though.

That Russian VIN server has been down for at least a week now btw

Oh well, back to the search engine...

cheers!

OP
balge59

balge59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 190E 2.0 Automatic

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom