w124 woes.

coupeblack114

Reaction score
Hi, my 300td has developed a fault on the main beam dipp switch by where it is stuck on main beam. Is there a relay somewhere on the vehicle for the switch or do i have to remove the wheel and inspect the switch
Best wishes, nic

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
I would check the relevant fuses first 13,14,15,16 in the fuse box beside the brake servo unit. They can develop a layer of corrosion where they clip into the fuse holders. Failing that check the exterior lamp failure Monitor unit in the relay compartment behind the fuse box. You will have to undo several screws in the fuse box frame to get access. Unfortunately the most likely candidate is the combination switch on the steering column which I think requires steering wheel removal to renew.

OP
C

coupeblack114

Reaction score
Thanks, will investigate. i have renewed the light control unit so i think i will start with the fuses and then the switch.
Regards, Nic

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
i would guess with boldie on this one.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom