W125 500se How do i undo the Dechroming?!

evomad007

Reaction score
hi there,

I have recently purchased a 500se. At some point somone has painted all the exteriror chrome apart from the grille (not really my taste!) what would be the best way to restore the chrome?

Also the rear blind has come of its runner. Anyone have any diagrams or manuals detailing this?

Many thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Getting the paint off depends on how it was put on, if the surfaces were sanded it will not look good with the paint off.

I would try a sample area where the pint can be scraped off with a plastic implement, and will not damage the chrome.

If all OK underneath you could use masking tape but paint stripper shows no mercy and messy to use. Try scraping off first.

Welcome to the forum

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
If you can remove the trim that would be the best way to go, as Malcolm is the trim hasnt been keyed first for the paint then use paint stripped or boiling water to soften it, you might find a high pressure washer might remove most of it.

Just be careful.

jib

OP
E

evomad007

Reaction score
Many Thanks guys. Il give it try this weekend and let you know how it goes.

:)

OP
E

evomad007

Reaction score
hi there,

I have recently purchased a 500se. At some point somone has painted all the exteriror chrome apart from the grille (not really my taste!) what would be the best way to restore the chrome?

Also the rear blind has come of its runner. Anyone have any diagrams or manuals detailing this?

Many thanks

W126!!! not w125!

Top Bottom