W126 1984 ABS controller pinout

Johnski

Reaction score
Hello,

I get ABS light staying on at all times with ignition on. I have cleaned the front sensors and the tooth gratings at hubs, I have tested the front sensors at the connection point and get 1.3kOhms on both and get some AC voltage change when rotating the wheels. I have not tested the rear diff sensor (have not found where to measure.... or bothered to spend enough time under the car). The fuse is ok.

I want to measure (all) the sensors at the connector to the controller module. Has anyone got the pinout for this module. I tried do a search of the forums but got no results.

Also, any proposals how one can test the operation of the valve unit.

Thanks in advance
J

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
What are you using to turn the ABS light off..?

OP
J

Johnski

Reaction score
I found the attached diagram that shows the pinout. The pin numbering is 1-18 left to right when looking at the connectors contacts, 19-37 at bottom row, again left to right, at least, that's what I used.

I measured the resistance of the sensors at the cable connector and found that the rear sensor is open circuit. Thus the cable, the diff sensor itself, or the inline connector must be the cause. Please note, I think this diagram is for gen II car but the two front sensors read correct so I the pins at least for these seem to be the same.

Not sure what you mean by what to use for switching the light off? The light is on when ignition is on, off when not.

Attachments

• ABS wiring diagram.jpg
    ABS wiring diagram.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 3

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom