W126, 420sel central locking/imobiliser?

S

smarty

Been away for a while chaps, and the motor has not been used as much as it should have been, when i open the car with the fob it seems to open ok! but when i insert the key to start, there is only a click (like the battery is flat) and then the alarm goes off, on removal of the key closeing the door and pressing the fob the cetral locking seems to labour and the rear doors seem to take longer to lock than the front, but eventually they do lock, when i ettempt the procedure again the same happens again? could this be something as simple as a flat battery,fuse or similar?. your on the clock to answer this one Malcolm! "its nice to be back lads"

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Many things here,,is there a leak causing the delay and the mobilizer is stuck on,or you may have a faulty K38 starter lock out relay if fitted

OP
S

smarty

i cant find any indication of a leak, and how does one establish if the imobilzer is stuck on? and where will i find the k38 relay and is it just a case of repalacing it to establish if that is the problem.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thinking again on this one as the key works for the locking, the alarm may be faulty,,have you tried any re set, this may depend on who's alarm is fitted

OP
S

smarty

Good thinking! although im not sure how to do a reset of the alarm, all the keys look original, but strangely the key doesn't open the drivers door but it opens the boot, just opened the boot and the alarm went off, the alarm i think is factory fitted but i have no idea how to do a reset?

OP
S

smarty

the cars making all sort of noices, just opened it with the fob, sat in the back and pressed the fob to lock the car and, you can hear the door to the right lock and then the door to the left, and then a rapid clicking as though a pump is priming, another strange thing i have two fobs, they both indicate they have power (they have little red lights on them) but only one of the works to open the car?

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
have you got a voltmeter? if so check the voltage at the battery when attempting to crank, it would be nice to confirm no problems here first.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
have you got a voltmeter? if so check the voltage at the battery when attempting to crank, it would be nice to confirm no problems here first.

good thinking batman, The first lesson always, start with the power supply

OP
S

smarty

ok! ill check that and get back to you.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
so how did you get on smarty? :D

OP
S

smarty

f.a.o. Alexander,and Malcolm, it was the battery lads, new bosch s4 fitted £65, everthing seems fine, ill keep in touch thanks lads.

Top Bottom