w126 560sec engine bay diagram

BO'H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
560 SEC
I am sure i am missing something in my engine bay, at the front on the right by the ABS. Online photos have a plastic container there and mine has a void with a brake pipe item by it. Anyone know what is missing, plus where can i find a labelled up picture of a 560sec engine bay. I have searched high and low but got nowhere. Many thanks.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Nothing in the owners manual?

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Sounds like someone has removed your self levelling suspension tank and possibly the self levelling shocks.

OP
B

BO'H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
560 SEC
Thank you for the advice and yes, I think you’re correct. Shame. How can I tell if it’s been done correctly, and how it’s been done too! I’ve not driven it far (it’s been off road for 8 years and has some running issues so is having a service) but it was not grounding out or bouncing around hilariously.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
What Ian (star) said really.

It was a very common modification a few years ago due to the price of replacements and leaky pipes. They used to get rid of all the hydraulic stuff and just replace with standard shock absorbers.

An old Wheeler Dealers programme has Ed doing it to a 190E Cosworth which created a great deal of "discussion" on the 190 forums.

If it has a current MOT it should have been done correctly, though if you plan on keeping the car it may be worth looking for parts to put it back to original again.

OP
B

BO'H

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
560 SEC
Thanks Daveenty. I do plan on keeping the car but will want to spend money on the bits that do not work first and that are crumbling to dust (the usual items as brought up on the forums) - so if i do revert to sls it will not be for a quite a while yet.

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)
I don't understand why people remove the whole system. I (I'm ashamed to say) had a 123 saloon years ago with SLS and failed mot on suspension pipes, so I simply disconnected the pump (by removing it, then removing the piece that joins it to the cam drive then refitting the pump again) and then swapped the shocks for standard ones. Then if anyone wanted to put it back it was all their ready

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom