W126 electrics center console

B

B1GCC

Most of the centrer console doesn't appear to work on my w126.. E.g heating system, cruise control. but windows, sunroof n heated electric seat all work. Is it worth taking it to my local Mercedes dealership for them to repair as there isnt anywhere that deals with vehicle electrics where i am in the north east???? What do you think there overly priced charges will be like??

OP
B

B1GCC

Or the fact the passenger side climate control has been pushed in and wobbly or dials are abit knackered?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You need an indie that knows the cars, MB will have no one that knows them like merc-care of Pudsley

ianrandom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1986 420SE, 1990 420SEC, 1989 2cv6.
Ok. So what does your heater do - nothing at all? I guess the fan is working maybe?

The dials are easy enough to replace, once you have taken off the console. Its worth a fiddle, but only do it when you have plenty of time to spare, if you plan to do it yourself, and be methodical.
I've got some good spares dials if you wanted to try.

If replacing the dials, a mistake i have made a couple of times is plugging the connector on the wrong way, which gives bizarre and hot heater behaviour! Its a nice car to work on, it all fits together nicely for the most part, and very satisfying when you fix whats wrong.
Let us know how it goes or what you find if you remove the console.

discoking

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
1985 500SEL
Try AES(auto electrical solutions) based in sunderland 0191 5674040

or try Prestige German Cars based in South Shields 0191 4566623 ( they also have a branch in Vroom auto park Silverlink tho I've never used that particular branch)

I use AES quite a bit for awkward electrical problems and have used PGC for my own cars in the past,both very good.

OP
B

B1GCC

Ok. So what does your heater do - nothing at all? I guess the fan is working maybe?

The dials are easy enough to replace, once you have taken off the console. Its worth a fiddle, but only do it when you have plenty of time to spare, if you plan to do it yourself, and be methodical.
I've got some good spares dials if you wanted to try.

If replacing the dials, a mistake i have made a couple of times is plugging the connector on the wrong way, which gives bizarre and hot heater behaviour! Its a nice car to work on, it all fits together nicely for the most part, and very satisfying when you fix whats wrong.
Let us know how it goes or what you find if you remove the console.

Il look into it in a few weeks, just in middle of moving house. Thanks for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom