W140 problem please help

ashbcbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s280
Hi
My mate took our S280 to the car wash today and for some reason had the engine bay washed.The car ran okay for about 1 mile before she parked it.When she started the car minutes later,it sounded like it was missfiring and theres not enough power in it.When its idling its shaking/vibrating.Anyone knows what could be the likely problem coz it was running perfect before it was washed.:(

Dave Brooker

Reaction score
Hi
My mate took our S280 to the car wash today and for some reason had the engine bay washed.The car ran okay for about 1 mile before she parked it.When she started the car minutes later,it sounded like it was missfiring and theres not enough power in it.When its idling its shaking/vibrating.Anyone knows what could be the likely problem coz it was running perfect before it was washed.:(

Coil pack?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
And water in anywhere where it should not be

OP
A

ashbcbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s280
Where in the engine bay can i find the coil packs?Is this something i can try and replace on my own and see if theres any difference?:confused:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom