W140 S280 faults please help!!!!

ashbcbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s280
Hi guys newbie here

Recently bought an S280 and now central locking doesnt work no more and power steering fluid seems to be leaking somewhere near the front end of the engine bay.Could you please tell me what could be the problem with the c/l (by the way its not the key).how much would such kind of faults cost to repair approx?this is my first merc and i do not really know where to start.
thank you

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
OP
A

ashbcbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s280
Last edited:
C

C180 Chris

As all of the above first,

Carl is a super guy and will supply any part at outstanding prices! He is also lightning quick for delivery's:D:D

As an afterthought when you say that the key is working, i take it you mean that it is transmitting as seen through a digi camera or similar?

Have you checked that it is sync'd with your vehicle?
Do the red/green lights on the door and mirror flash when you use the key?

OP
A

ashbcbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s280
Hi Chris.my key is sync`d to the vehicle coz the red/green lights on drivers door are flashing.
What i needed to know before i ring Carl is the faulty part.life was much better when i knew of the central locking pump.Now someone told me of the vacuum pump as well and im confused.im just afraid i might order the wrong one.

C

C180 Chris

I think the one you need is the pump that lives under the back seat base, not the one behind the back seat backrest as it is only used for "softclose" on our cars.

As Malcolm has said check that it does have a supply first, but if not Carl really knows his W140's so won't let you go far wrong.:D

OP
A

ashbcbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s280
Cheers Chris.Will do that and post the result here

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The answer still remains as post 2 here, you must check to see if the pump in the link has a permanent live + 12 volt

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom