W163 lowering springs???

Abb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
Hi, am looking to lower my W163 ML a min of 40mm, any one recommend any springs and where to purchase from????:D

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Hi, am looking to lower my W163 ML a min of 40mm, any one recommend any springs and where to purchase from????:D

You will wish you hadn't. Unless you get very stiff springs, you will lose nearly all the bump absorbing movement in the struts and be spending a lot of time on your bump rubbers. Extra stiff springs will shake the fillings out of your teeth:lol:

The only real option, if you are determined to do it, is to remove the rear struts and have the spring seats cut from the strut and re-welded in a lower position - I still think 2" is too much. This then allows the car to ride normally in a lower on road position. Front is easily dropped but, once again, you will have little suspension movement before bottoming and no way to stop that on the front.

Overall, not a really smart idea, I don't think.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
i dont understand why you would want to lower a 4x4! isnt the height/ground clearance they offer the whole point of buying a 4x4?

OP
Abb

Abb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
Hi, thank you for all your help, the vehicle is being used as a demo car for the business. Standard height it will remain!:lol::)

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Its better that way

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom