W164 ML300 CDI 2009

kamba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164
Hi

As from my earlier posts picked up a ML w164 last month and had few issues which independent dealer needed to sort out

Thankfully they paid to get the side light bulb replaced by Merc for £75

However, are now digging there heels and not responding to calls and emails

Before I consider taking this legally with them want to make sure it's not a simple mistake we are doing these are the other symptoms with car

- when putting key in ignition to start no lights light up on dash and car doesn't start. Have to remove the key several times from barrel and keep trying. It finally starts my concern is that this is occurring not giving the glow plugs enough times to warm up

- when slowing down or breaking the car seems to feel like it's either jumping or braking hard

- there is no power/torque when putting foot down but car reaches speed

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Nothing simple there I don’t think, sounds like a couple of seperate issues EIS possibly being one. Needs diagnostics to tell you what the issues are before taking it legally. Worth getting it on Star to do that..., then you’ll know where you are. Sadly you probably won’t get that money back but if the vendor is digging their heels in and ignoring you there’s not much else you can do meantime

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
EIS switch is failing. Very common on the W164. Just need to check the drive authorisation line to confirm. You will need STAR for that.

OP
K

kamba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164
Thanks guys anyone got a star local to coventry?

Evans halshaw have agreed to pay cost of EIS change but not diagnostics to fully confirm issue

However speaking to other people they.all state EIS

Crispian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 Ml63 AMG with performance package
Mercland is only down the road in Nuneaton, very helpful there.

OP
K

kamba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164
Mercland is only down the road in Nuneaton, very helpful there.
Thanks but guessing they will charge to localise the fault also which will be out my pocket

Whereas Evans halshaw have agreed to cover cost of EIS change so thinking may just get it changed and hope that is the issue with start up problems im having

OP
K

kamba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W164
OK EIS changed by merc and issue seems to have resolved

However, i now have another issue one of the keys i supplied merc doesn't work and they state it never worked

Which is a complete lie both keys were handed to them working

They are digging there heels and saying i am lying

Explained to them that the key which isn't working now was our primary key so obviously it worked

They have agreed for me to bring car to them next week and they will check which key has been used the most but not repair it

There inspection report had loads of errors in it regarding my car so no faith in them at all

Can any of you guys offer any advice regarding where i stand and what i can do

-Currently the garage who inspected car have agreed to write a letter confirming both keys were working
- have original sale receipt from Evans Halshaw.confirming they supplied me with two working keys

I have raised a formal complaint which inchape head office also

On another note how much does a new key cost?

kid-jensen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml320CDI 2007
New programmed key from about £150. Just shop around the local auto-locksmiths.

Dealer will be significantly more (probably more than double)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom