W168 170 cdi

Koffe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W168 170 cdi
Hi all, i cant get any fuel to the injectors, i think i hear a leaking injector,( sounds like a train) could this be my problem to not get any fuelpressure?
I see in the fuellines thats it is air in them after i change fuelfilter, i topfilled the filter with diesel, but the car wont start.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
You need to find the source of the air in the lines. Until you get rid of the air the engine will never start.

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
LK is right. You need to purge the air. I had two of those fantastic wee cars. The thing works on the CDi2 technology if I recall and you should be able to get it running for a few seconds on easy start. Do that two or three times with 30 seconds between cranking and that should get it running for a few seconds each time, so keep the key fully turned against the stop for about 20 seconds or until it dies again and that will start to bleed the fuel system. After a few cranks, it should fire and run properly. Hold the key on again for about 30 seconds to complete the bleed. It worked on my 2005 A Class and my 2002 C Class.

The important thing is to get it running well, then once you've done that replace the O rings on all the plastic pipes one by one. After replacing one ring, restart it. Once you know how to start it again it should be quite easy and it's easier to start it again after it has warmed up a bit.

Finally, have a google for Lofty's A Class Page. He has practically dismantled his A Class and he also has comprehensive written guides for fixing just about anything that went wrong with them. There's hundreds of photos as well.

OP
K

Koffe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W168 170 cdi
I did get it running last week, i change the o-ring on the fuelfilter now i have to fix the leaking injector, isent it just to change the seal under the injector? The injector itself works great

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom