w169 door card and lock removal

c class sport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C220 Coupe
Hi Everyone,

My brothers first car, an A150 which has been a great car for him and a great addition to our merc family has started to suffer from boucny door locks on the passenger door.
I've bought the repair kit but just looking for a little guidance to removing the door card and of the inner panel needs to have rivets drilled out to gain access, can't seem to find anything online other than a few blurry videos that offer little guidnace.
Many Thanks

W245207

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W245 B180 CDi 2005
Hi Everyone,

My brothers first car, an A150 which has been a great car for him and a great addition to our merc family has started to suffer from boucny door locks on the passenger door.
I've bought the repair kit but just looking for a little guidance to removing the door card and of the inner panel needs to have rivets drilled out to gain access, can't seem to find anything online other than a few blurry videos that offer little guidnace.
Many Thanks

Try this first.........

How to remove door card, first 3 minutes.....

Stuw2008

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150 W169 2008 petrol
I have successfully removed and re riveted my drivers door panel to repair door handle mechanism that failed. I found the following useful. I used threaded rivets M5 for the job and a manual rivet tool. Never done this sort of work before but used YouTube to help. Drilling the rivets our was harder than putting new ones in.

German audio but very clear -

How to use threaded rivets -

M5 threaded rivets seem to be the ones to use as others end up failing. They worked for me.

Stuw2008

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150 W169 2008 petrol
My drivers door handle came off in my hand. Turned out to be the metal casting that operates the internal mechanism had failed. Using above procedures and a replacement from scrapyard managed to get tin working again.. photo of failed casting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 3

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom