1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W169 headlight switch panel illumination

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Evo5man, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Evo5man

Evo5man Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    A200 Elegance
    Hi there everyone,

I noticed tonight that the headlight switch panel on my 2006 A Class Elegance is not illuninated? There is an illuminated line on the switch knob but no illuminated panel.

Please can someone check on their W169 A Class to see if the panel should be illuminated before I attempt to remove the panel and check if the bulb has blown?

Thanks.

Steve

2. npuk

npuk Guest

It doesnt illuminate.

3. EmilysDad

EmilysDad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    ML350
    We had a similar thread a few weeks back, I asked about my R Class - it's like your, the knob illuminates (ooer :shock:) but the rest of it doesn't. Seems 4r$e about face to me :confused:

4. OP
    Evo5man

Evo5man Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    A200 Elegance
    Thanks Guys for your replies, it saved me taking the panel off to have a look!

Seems strange to me that the lighting knob is illuminated but you can't see the lighting position on the un-illuminated panel?

I guess it is a similar conundrum as the Air Con switch; when the red light is on, the air con is off? When all the other switches are illuminated red the component is on? I notice that MB corrected this in the 2008 update.

Regards,

Steve

5. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    This has been asked so many times over the year I have been on here, there was even a bulb holder in some but no bulb :shock:

Mine does light up a little :D so if a bulb cost £1 MB have saved millions ££ over the years on all the cars they have made ;)

6. rhud

rhud Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
    I also queried this. Its in the same category as the bog-standard wing mirrors which don't even fold manually.