1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w202 Altenator help please.

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by copperbollock, Jan 7, 2013.

1. copperbollock

copperbollock Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    E250D 1993 W202
    Well after sorting the fuel issue the alternator is dead (there's a big chunk out of the casing too)
    It's a 1993 (L reg) 2.5D w202 c class.
    Will this be suitable?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e7587adfb

Or this one?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4843286444

Just glad to have it running again although having to make sure I have a spare battery charged and in the car is a pain in the arse.

2. huey

huey Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W203 cdi 2004 Estate
    The 2nd one is from Rob who is on the forum a very helpful bloke, give him a call and he will tell you if it is the correct one , he may even be on here later. :D

3. anyweb

anyweb Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    c238,w120 (diesel)
    when my alternator died on my W202 some years ago I went to the local breakers and found one from the same model/year w202, i bought it for 25 quid and fit it myself after replacing the bushes, all was good and it was way cheaper than buying one from the dealer.

very easy to fit too.

4. OP
    copperbollock

copperbollock Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    E250D 1993 W202
    Well I'm hoping either of those are up to the job as they seem quite cheap compared to others I've had to buy over the years.