w202 boot spoiler loose

tazzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180 sport
Would anyone have any idea as how to secure the boot spoiler on my c180 sport please, its a little loose and when opening and closing the boot, i dont want it getting any looser, would it be ok to take it off and where is screws thru the boot lid, maybe put some sort of bonding on there then re-fit the spoiler and screw it down again, any help on this fix would be appreciated,
thanks in advance tazzy....

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Yes it will need to be taken off and as you say bonded, you can use ahhesive seam sealer, or even screen bonding adhesive, silicone can be used, but ony if you have nothing else, put some primer/undercoat on the holes before you fit the spoiler and if you can use washers on the undeside of the bootlid. before bolting the spoiler up

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
I have boot spoiler on one of my 202's, and to be honest i would be very surprised if it is fixed by holes through the boot lid mine sits on small rubber feet, and fixed by 4 small screws clamping it to the boot lid, open the boot lid and look directly under the boot spoiler at the ends of it on the inside of the boot lid lip, this is where my clamping screws are.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom