W202 C200 immobilzer & start fault

Jimmi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200
Hello People,

Need some help. :(

i have a C200 w202 4 cyl petrol that wont start.

There seems to be two issues.
vehicle cranks but wont fire.

1.originally i had no prime or switching to the fuel pump with ignition and no spark on crank.

i removed the ignition module to inspect the plug connections etc.
nothing obvious stood out so i refitted to vehicle.( i believe this to be the original problem)

since doing this the vehicle immobilizer has disabled it self and now have my second issue.

2.Both green and red LED's flash alternative on the rear vision mirror when i put the key in the ignition.

i don't know how this has happened when i only disconnected the IGN Module and then refitted it.

Is there a procedure to reset to the immobilizer??? etc

Any help would be great.

Thanks Guys

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Jimmi Cranking will rule out immobiliser .You need to find out how to do a system reset Another thing I would remove the IGN module again just to check to see if you have not bent any of those small pins inside fitting it back together ... Should be a way to switch off the immobiliser .Just keep looking in for answers .

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
It will crank as earlier alarm system. Have you replaced key batteries.

OP
J

Jimmi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200
It will crank as earlier alarm system. Have you replaced key batteries.

Yeh i have replaced the batteries and resynced the fob remotes....

im unsure what to do next.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom