W202 C220 CDI - ATF & Fan Belt change

C

C-Class

Hi all.

I was checking all of the fluid levels etc before a day out yesterday and I noticed the fan belt was beginning to crack (on the drive surface) I'm sure I could change this ok, but I have been meaning to have the ATF changed as well.

I bought the car at 121,000, and it's now on 147,500. It has full MBSH upto 102,000, so I reckon it's due a change.
I've booked it in at a local Indy, and I've been quoted £173 +VAT for the full job.

The Indy said they would change all oil including the torque converter - a full flush, Malcolm has covered this job elsewhere. (approx 9ltrs as opposed to 5ltrs from the sump only) This is a job I wouldn't attempt!!!

While it's in I will ask them to investigate the ongoing strange groaning (It has never got any worse???) See my other posts.

I will let you all know how I get on. I am based in East Yorkshire, so it might be beneficial to other forum members.

Last edited by a moderator:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
That price sounds OK :D:D

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
very reasonable as IIRC the gearbox oil is about £10 per litre! and the gearbox oil filter (i presume theyre changing that too?) is about £40 i think?

OP
C

C-Class

I picked the car up yesterday, and all is well.

They said the oil was quite black, so it was due a change. They did a full flush (9ltrs) and changed the filter too.

Regarding the strange noise at low speed when turning right, they think it's the power steering unit. I was asked if it had got any worse, and it hasn't. I have owned the car since Jan 08, and I have covered 126,000 miles. The mechanic said it wasn't affecting the steering (it is still even on both locks), and he said that due to the price of a new unit, it would be best to leave it, at least until it does get any worse.

So there you are, it's a 10 year old C Class, and it's beginning to show, but it'll do me :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have never been 120k miles in 1 car,,congratulations :D

OP
C

C-Class

.....ahem, er 26,000 miles. Malcolm wins a cigar :D

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom