W202 C230k Sport facelift interior into a prefacelift car

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
I have just sourced myself a VGC Designo Interior for my C43, and have decide to fit my original C43 plain Black leather interior into my Prefacelift 1997 C230K, this is going to involve plumbing in the Orthopedic seat functions, and wiring the seats and heating up too.
But i,m sure i have read somewhere that the facelift door cards don,t fit properly on the prefacelift doors, ie the poppers don,t line up correctly and/or the three screws that fit in the face lift door panels don,t line up to their equivalent ones in the prefacelift door. Or indeed any problems i might encounter doing this interior swap.
Has anyone done this to their vehicle? or have any info? would be greatly appreciated.

C36amg_

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C36 AMG 1996
Hi Andy,

I have recently started the process of removing the rust from my C36 and to help the process along I bought a w202 c280 (same colour) with the intention of swapping the panels. My C36 is preface lift and my 280 sport is a facelift model.

This weekend I set about swapping the doors. Fitting the facelift rear door on the c36 was very simple. I wanted to retain my window motors because the electrical connections for the window motors are different on the two cars so I drilled the revits and swapped the motors over.

For the rear door cards....

All I had to do when fitting a non face lift door card to a facelift door was relocate two slide on retaining nuts and move a small u shaped bracket for the grab handle and the door card went straight on.

Fitting of the facelift door card to a non facelift door involved drilling of new holes for the grap handle bolts. All of the plastic lugs for the door card itself appeared to be the same for both cars.

I haven't finished the front doors yet but I have removed the door cards from the C280 and it seems to be a similar story for the fronts. My only concern is airbag location as I don't think my C36 has airbags in the doors. I'll update the post as soon as I finish the job.

Cheers

Greg

OP
bigasotonuk

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Lol did this mod a good while ago now, seats, and seat heating all working front door cards just had to remove a couple of pop riveted brackets for the grab handle, and drill a couple of holes to fix the facelift door card. Ortho function still not working as I need a different CL pump.

Miroslav Tsankov

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w202 c220 cdi 2000
Hello from Bulgaria !!! I have a facelift w202 220 cdi and a want to replace left side rear door because of the rust !!! I have a prefacelift door in very good condition !!! So as you say there is no problem to fit a facelift door card to a prefacelift door and then put the hole prefacelift door on my facelift w202 ....i hope you understand what i'm trying to say !!! :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom