w202 r reg c class aircon problem

Ranjo

Reaction score
hi all i have a r reg c180 classic my pride and joy. i had the aircon re gassed a little while ago the fella did an ace job showed me how to check through the view glass as to whether it needed gassing.
aircon was working real good super cold until today when i turned it on its not blowing super cold now it just blows the same as if aircon was off
anyone suggest wht could possibly be wrong please:confused:

keith100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 c300 2008 (Gone)
Most likely a leak some where in your system and all that nice freon, or whatever the modern version is called, has escaped.

Did the regasser check for leaks first?

Cheers

Keith

OP
R

Ranjo

Reaction score
hi yes he did check for leaks and also used a pump to syphon out air etc first looking at the sight glass its still clear so has gas in was told and shown that when the gas is low the glass turns a milky white

keith100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 c300 2008 (Gone)
Well I don't know then. I assume you had the temp dial turned down enough for the system to work?:lol:

But I'd turn it off until its checked out. Just in case it is out of gas, some systems need the gas for lubrication.

HTH

type49

Reaction score
Probably leaking from condensor, behind the fan. I presume he added a leak/tracer dye when it was regased?

vijilants

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C320 CDI Sport
Also check to see if the compressor is engaging. You can see it engage by getting someone to switch the aircon on and off whilst looking at the compressor to see if it starts spinning.

If it doesn't spin, there is a sensor on the side of the drier that stops the compressor from running if it senses that the gas level is too low.

Also the pipe feeding the condenser should be hot and the one going to the drier from the condenser should be cold.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom