W202 Radio & Alarm Connection

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230 Kompressor Sport 1998
Hi,

Can anyone help, I have just removed the radio which was fitted in my 1989 C230K. My question is how does the alarm system monitor the radio, as it is now going off randomly, there is a three wired connection screwed to the bulkhead behind where the radio is fitted it has no moving parts so I am wondering how this little device knows if there is a radio in place.
I am fairly certain that this is where the problem lies with the alarm, as when I first got the car it had an aftermarket sony unit fitted which kept setting the alarm off due to it not being fixed in correctly, I proved this by sitting in the car and setting the alarm and then touching the radio, the alarm sounded immediatley. I fixed the radio in more securely set the alarm and touched the radio and the problem was solved - no more false alarms. Now i have removed the radio and installed a kenwood unit securley in place and the alarm problem has re occured. Any ideas ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If no one gives you an answer, then I will look it up

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230 Kompressor Sport 1998
Malcolm,

As no one has replied, is there any chance that you can look this up for me please.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom