W202 Transmission Problem

Usman Bangash

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202 C230
I recently changed the transmission conductor plate along with oil because of jerky shifts. I installed TruckTek branded plate. Since then a few strange problems came up in my car in spite of the fact that on the scanner it shows zero errors.
1) on cold start, the car doesn't hold its rpm in slightly above 1000, as its supposed to do for a couple of minutes, but instead even on cold start the rpm stays in 6-700 as if the engine is already warmed up
2) Putting up to drive the car usually doesn't start going, I have to press the gas, the car after a slight delay, the car moves with a jerk
3) Perhaps the biggest problem is that the shift points are fixed with certain speeds.
1-->2 at 10 kph
2-->3 at 30 kph
3-->4 at 60 kph
4-->5 at 95 kph
The problem is lets say I am going at 58kph, it won't upshift no matter for how long I am at this speed. While normally it should upshift if it senses that rpms are higher than 2000rpms in a while to improve economy, but mine is locked in that gear, until I cross 60. Similar is the case with rest of the gears, but only at other speeds that are mentioned above.

Plz Anyone help me here..

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom