W203 2005 Parktronic Sensor Removal

dannal007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 / 2005 / 1800
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so please excuse me if this has been asked numerous times before. I recently purchased my first MB, a C180 2005 reg Kompressor Advantgarde and took it to my local MB dealer to run a diagnostics as the parktronic was not working but the display was lighting up. It turns out one of the sensors is not working on the front left hand side and they want £380 to replace this !!!

Looking on Ebay there are numerous sensors available that I can replace with for as little as £40 however does anyone know what sensor I need to obtain so it works with the others and is there a guide / video on how to replace this as the price quoted by MB is very steep !

Thanks for any help and advice.

Dan

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The expense is often that the offending sensor may need the bumper to be removed to get to it. STAR should have told you what sensor is at fault.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
The sensor itself is approx £50 from MB.

You may be able to reach it from underneath to disconnect it from the loom and push it out of the bumper but you need to know which sensor it is first!

OP
D

dannal007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 / 2005 / 1800
Thanks guys for your response, Im waiting to receive the paperwork from the diagnostics as they could not give me a copy as the printer had run out of paper. Is disconnecting the sensor from the loom easy enough? I assume from some pics its just a clip in sensor?

Thanks

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
The sensor clips into a ring holder that in turn clips into the bumper. Wiring is a simple plug and socket connection. One needs to compress two opposing clips to free the sensor plug from the loom socket. Similarly a couple of tabs secure the sensor holder in the bumper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom