w203 aircon problem

zinsbin

Reaction score
Glyncorrwg the capital of the Afan Valley
Hello all, I have a problem with my aircon. The light came on the econ button, so I had the gasses recharged, then I had the fault reset with the star reset machine. The guy who reset the star system said I've got a fault with the passengers side flap sticking or tight, would this stop the compressor engaging to cool the system, because it will not blow ice cold air. I've watched the compressor when the auto button is pressed, and it does not engage the plastic front piece at the front of the pulley. Could it be the temp sensor stopping it working? My car is a c220 cdi 2001 coupe.

A

andy@pcd-ltd

I cant see a flap sticking causing the air con not to kick in as all this does is direct the air flow. I have seen many vehicles with a problem on the heater box with the flaps sticking or more so the motors breaking and the aircon still works fine.

To me you have a more underlying problem on the aircon side.

One thing i do know if the one of the codings is wrong on it, it will not allow the compressor to cut in. If remember rightly it is a coding in the front SAM unit and the coding is set to refridgerant check active when it should be set to inactive

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You more than likely have a faulty sensor causing your problem, and STAR should say what the fault is, and as willow said,nothing to do with a flap

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom