W203 bouncing door locks

RoyalsMad2006

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180K Estate
Hi folks,
My wife's W203 Coupe has had a bouncing door lock for a little while and although I have sprayed lubricant down the button thread it is still playing up. We were living with this but now my W203 Estate o/s front door lock won't lock or unlock on the remote, the internal light stays on and I get the warning light on the cluster to say the door is open. Time to act. Having read a number of threads on this problem I have tried to remove the door panel and get at the lock without success. Can someone please provide me with instructions to remove the door panel and change the lock as they have done for other users.
Thank you in anticipation.

Chris

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I can send you the info for removing the door card and changing the locking motor

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes but i need the E mail address,,if you wait till I am posting, you can then edit out the address within 4 hours

OP
R

RoyalsMad2006

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180K Estate
Thanks Malcolm, I didn't know the protocols. My email address is removed by anyweb

Last edited by a moderator:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Details sent to you:p:p

OP
R

RoyalsMad2006

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180K Estate
update

Thanks Malcolm, now that I have received the docs (which are fantastic by the way, Can they be put somewhere in a library for other members to look at?) I wonder if my problem might not be the lock but the N69/2 Door Control Module? Do you know what this module does?

Thanks again
Chris

Medntee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w220 s class
Hi

Could I have a copy too has my passenger door is playing up

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
R

RoyalsMad2006

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180K Estate
Forward

I've forwarded the two files for you. I hope they are as helpful to you as they were for me

Chris

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Malcolm, now that I have received the docs (which are fantastic by the way, Can they be put somewhere in a library for other members to look at?) I wonder if my problem might not be the lock but the N69/2 Door Control Module? Do you know what this module does?

Thanks again
Chris

The sheets that I send out cannot be put up here at all through copy write reasons.

The door control ECU contains the memory for the windows and mirrors among other things, if the locking pin is bouncing, the a broken spring in the locking motor

OP
R

RoyalsMad2006

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180K Estate
Hi Malcolm, could I please nudge you to have a look at my further query on the N69/2 Door Control Module in the #7 post on this thread please.

Thanks
Chris

OP
R

RoyalsMad2006

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180K Estate
Almost at the bottom of this.....

Hi Malcolm and thanks for all your help to date. My wifes car (bouncing door lock) is sorted. New door lock required. However I think I may have misled the thread on my car - Only unlocks on remote key- won't lock on remote, Tells cluster display door open when it is closed, leaves interior light on when door has been closed, won't lock when car drives off when other three doors lock automatically. So could the fault be elsewhere? A final steer on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks gain, Chris

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Then a faulty door closing switch you can see this easily

OP
R

RoyalsMad2006

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180K Estate
I should have checked this first.....

Malcolm, you were quite correct. The door closing switch, situated on the door pillar behind the catch was caught with the seat belt (By the wife when she used my car- she omitted to tell me). I just feel daft that I did'nt see this at the beginning of the whole process. Still won't do that again!!!

Thanks again

Chris

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Malcolm, you were quite correct. The door closing switch, situated on the door pillar behind the catch was caught with the seat belt (By the wife when she used my car- she omitted to tell me). I just feel daft that I did'nt see this at the beginning of the whole process. Still won't do that again!!!

Thanks again

Chris

As long as you you are of of trouble, thank you

t11arf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI
Hi guys i'm new to the forum and after owning my 2003 E320 CDI fro a little over 6 months both my front door locks are bouncing when locking and unlocking. Please could you provide me with some information to solve this problem. my email is removed by anyweb very much appreciated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi guys i'm new to the forum and after owning my 2003 E320 CDI fro a little over 6 months both my front door locks are bouncing when locking and unlocking. Please could you provide me with some information to solve this problem. my email is mouk very much appreciated. :)

I have sent it :p:p

t11arf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI
You are an absolute gentlemen, thank you very much. I know what I will be doing next weekend! :D

My first post and the response immediate, excellent.....Look forward to more discussions.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom