W203 C Class Sport

Johnny87

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/2006/320
Hi,

I have been looking at C Classes (W203) circa 2006 and really like the look of the car in “Sport” guise. My main concern is how firm a ride this model is – I previously owned a 2003 Seat Ibiza Sport (later rebadged the ‘FR’), which was notorious among motoring critics for its jarring suspension. I eventually sold it because it was so uncomfortable to drive on anything but freshly laid tarmac.

I expect the C Class Sport to be a firm ride, but I want to steer clear from anything that is really uncomfortable.

What are people’s experiences of this model in regards to ride quality? Any personal experiences of media references welcomed (specifically W203 or similiar CLK, etc).

Kind regards

Johnny

tsp73

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class (S212) Avantgarde Estate / 2011 / 250CDI
I've a 07 Class Aventgarde, which I believe has the same suspension as the Sport model and have no issues with it - it's firm enough, but handles well and plenty comfortable enough for long journeys.

You'll see a mix on here of those who swear by Elegance/Classic models for the ride comfort and those who would ony have Sport/AG - all down to preference I guess.

Best advice is find one and take it for a decent drive.

Tim

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I also have a W203 AG spec car with 17" wheels fitted with 225/45 R17" front and 245/40 R17" rear tyres, the ride is excellent and far from jarring.

Best advice is to go and try one

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom