W203 C180K Auto Coupe ESP Sensor / Airbag Frame Ring Issue

dahipster

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180 Coupe 52 Plate
Hi all,

New to the forum as I've run in to a bit of a problem with the car and hope someone can help me out.

ESP sensor warning came up on the display a couple of months back so I took it in to get it looked at. Apparently there is an issue with the airbag frame ring (see attached pic). So the garage tried to order one of these directly from Mercedes but due to the age of the car they are on back order from Germany and could take up to 4 months.

So he tried a second hand one, but apparently if they are removed from the donor vehicle incorrectly they also develop a fault.

So I am not sure what I can do next other than wait for months for the part to come from the factory in Germany or keep buying second hand ones in case one works? Or is there a way of reassembling the 'faulty' one so that it works again?

If anyone is familiar with this component I would be really appreciative of some advice.

Chris

index.php

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi Chris , welcome to the forum . That question is way above my pay grade , hopefully someone will chime in later with some advice .
There are some very good indys that are regularly on here who I am sure will know .

Top Bottom