W203 C220 CDI 2001 with slight squeak on steering

CrazeUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI 2001
Hey Guys.
I have a W203 C220 CDI 2001 Auto.

Over the past few weeks i have noticed a slight squeak when turning the steering wheel.

I did check what i think is the power steering fluid after removing the engine cover. (See attached). Is this low?

Could it be something else?

Attachments

• 2012-05-14 16.42.40.jpg
    2012-05-14 16.42.40.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 206

khf88

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a150
Hey Guys.
I have a W203 C220 CDI 2001 Auto.

Over the past few weeks i have noticed a slight squeak when turning the steering wheel.

I did check what i think is the power steering fluid after removing the engine cover. (See attached). Is this low?

Could it be something else?

The problem is friction, squeaky noise does not need changing part. (If the noise is just like rubbing plastic material under pressure especially close to end part of steering wheel's tour)

The problem is about the steering gear. NO NEED TO BE CHANGED. There is a rod btw the wheel and steering gear and a plastic cover to protect it from dust and water (not the axis).

Open it, you will see a rod under it and an O ring made of plastic surrounding it. GREASE IT. That's it..

I will put the picture for you to see.. The red arrows show the start and end point of plastic cover, and blue one shows the place TO BE OILED.

OP
C

CrazeUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI 2001
Hi. Thanks for that. Will check it tomorrow. I presume i need to take the steering wheel off for this??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom