W203 Coupe 2001 wiper / washer /can bus failure?

jungleboy

Reaction score
This morning i did not take my canoe to work but it became clear after a small clunk and the complete failure of my window wipers that perhaps i should have.

It doesn t seem to be anything mechanical as the wipers returned to the home position after a small shove.

Further investigation has shown the relays are fine as are the fuses

However , i note with interest that the window washers have also failed , these belong to the same can bus "group"

I know very little about the can bus but know a man that does , though not in the MB context. Is there anything that could cause this "group" to fail?

Thank you all in advance

I m off to swim home http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Sounds like it all needs lubricating

OP
J

jungleboy

Reaction score
intermittent now , joy.....

Yes , i was surprised at the facti could push the wipers to , then i noted the absence of window washers.......

I ve actually just put the car in the garage and noted that and the washers and wipers came back , so still thinking its a can bus problem....

Thaks for replying guys

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Yes , i was surprised at the facti could push the wipers to , then i noted the absence of window washers.......

I ve actually just put the car in the garage and noted that and the washers and wipers came back , so still thinking its a can bus problem....

Thaks for replying guys

Try slamming the bonnet shut, you have a wiper "kill" switch on a 203 which is built into the o/s bonnet catch!!

OP
J

jungleboy

Reaction score
oh ~@[}~@{}~ @@@@ @@##

the bonnet kill switch would tie in perfectly with the intermittent fault , does the kill switch also cover the washers?

Regardless , SAM UNIT , you are a legend

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
oh ~@[}~@{}~ @@@@ @@##

the bonnet kill switch would tie in perfectly with the intermittent fault , does the kill switch also cover the washers?

Regardless , SAM UNIT , you are a legend

Yes it do!!!:D:D:D:D

Top Bottom