W203 Elec Folding Door Mirror- NOT Memory.

Ken_R

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2006 C230 Estate
I'll stand to be corrected but I think this is referred to as the 9 Pin.

I'm looking for a replacement for the N/S (L-H). I've had the cover off and the glass out and it looks like what has happened is that at some stage the mirror has been forced and the 'gear' has not only disengaged from the motor but also part of the plastic gear retaining housing has been sheared off and gone AWOL.

The retraction motor still runs but obviously does not engage with the gear.

At the moment, the mirror just sits there. Not fully extended and still adjustable, but perfectly useable. Hence, I'm not keen to attempt a 'bodge' job until I have identified a replacement.

I've identified a couple of Breakers not too far away who potentially may have a replacement. Before I visit, and perhaps have to remove it myself, would I be correct in assuming to do such, would need 'power' to place the mirror in the 'folded' position - otherwise I would simply be recreating the scenario in which mine was damaged?

I've noted that the fitment is by way of 3 x Torx screws.

Obviously, when fitting any replacement, mirror selector switch set in 'folded' position, and in these temperatures, key out and/or mirror heater wires 'taped' to eliminate any possibility of a 'short'.

Have I missed anything?

Thanks.:)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Sounds perfect to me. there are non folding mirrors, folding with memory, and folding no memory. The folding mirror chassis are all the same other than the glass drive and wiring harness.

om613

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S202 C250TD, S123 240TD
I think the facelift w210 MAY share the same mirror, which would narrow your search a bit?

OP
K

Ken_R

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2006 C230 Estate
A 'supplementary' question.

Within the 'harness', is the 'non-memory' connector compatible with the 'memory' connector?

Or, to put it another way, is it the same connector but with fewer wires, or is it a different connector format?

If I were to locate a folding/memory replacement, would it simply plug into the existing loom but without the additional function?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not the same harness as more pins and wires on the memory version.

I have sat down before now and transfered the wiring harness over but a miserable job and not easy, but doable.

OP
K

Ken_R

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2006 C230 Estate
Well, I thought I might get a mirror for a reasonable price but when I went to a (not so) local Breaker they wanted £150.:roll: I call it a Breaker but it was more of a Parts Dealer. Nothing on display or any form of promotional ware. About 50 feet of marble floor that led up to a counter where sat the 'Gatekeeper'. A female sat in Full Monte make-up equipped with a computer screen and a phone. I stated my requirement and, after she made a phone call, and on hearing the price, a quick about turn and out.:D

Admittedly that would have been for the whole mirror, including cover, but even so, if it had been anything less than perfect (electrically), it would have meant another 60 mile round trip to take it back.

Having seen, for sale, just a folding motor, which is essentially all that is wrong with mine and, today being almost absent of rain, I decided to take it apart and see a) If I could 'bodge' the old motor to work by refitting the displaced motor gear, or b) How easy it was to replace the folding motor.

Having, eventually got the cover off. Can't understand why I couldn't get it off as I've had it off before.:confused: I then go to take the mounting screws out and, whatever Torx bit I try, it doesn't fit!:Oops:

I've now read that these screws are actually 5 point Tamper Proof screws and the only removal tool I can find available is from 'over the pond' at £30+.

At this rate, this job is destined never to get done.:mad:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Halfords sell the 5 point cheap

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom