W203 Key questions

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
One guy charges £59 he is a top rated seller, I asked him a qeustion on them not working and his reply was that you take them to china where they will change the chip

eagletower

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 e class 350 coupe
Thanks guys, Just saved my bro in law £40 (and saved me from embarrassement too:D)

eagletower

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 e class 350 coupe
One guy charges £59 he is a top rated seller, I asked him a qeustion on them not working and his reply was that you take them to china where they will change the chip

You're kidding me! That's shocking! How do they even get them. Are they genuine Mercedes parts?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You're kidding me! That's shocking! How do they even get them. Are they genuine Mercedes parts?

People sell thier cars and only give one key,,or from breakers

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Got my old C,class key here, £50 if anyone wants it!! just needs recoding!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ryanadam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 skoda superb 170 tdi elegance
I have just bought a 2005 320 cdi from car giant,only had one key but the remote part did not work. They sent me a brand new key but i managed to get the old key working by taking the battery part out of the key fob and putting a small piece of silver foil around one of battery straps.put the battery part back in the fob and now it works fine all that was wrong was the battery not making contact when you pushed the button. just a loose connection. and now i have two keys .bill

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have just bought a 2005 320 cdi from car giant,only had one key but the remote part did not work. They sent me a brand key but i managed to get the old key working by taking the battery part out of the key fob and putting a small piece of silver foil around one of battery straps.put the battery part back in the fob and now it works fine all that was wrong was the battery not making contact when you pushed the button. just a loose connection. and now i have two keys .bill

I trust that you sent the dealer £210 :rolleyes:

geoffd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
56 plate SL 350 (sold)
price of a key

It's simple - they can charge that because only Merc can provide you with a key that works. It's called a captive market - among other things !

The other thing we perhaps shouldn't lose sight of here is that because only Merc can provide another key, then none of the lowlifes with designs on your pride and joy will have an easy time nicking it.

I'm not sure that level of key protection is true of other manufacturers. But I am sure it's worth something in peace of mind.

Geoff

podmo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 c200 komp,2002 audi a4 2.5tdi
having this problem myself, my key would lock the car and open it but leave the car for longer than half an hour and then the key wont work, well not till i have used the manual key to get in and put the ignition on then the key will work again , i got a new chrome one from MB but its exactly the same, its like a memory loss or something, im stumped

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Try putting in the key and press any button on the remote within 10 sec

podmo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 c200 komp,2002 audi a4 2.5tdi
Ah thanks Malcolm il try that in the morning with the hope that it works, best not try it now, I think the locals are geting tired of my alarm going off every time I need to get into the car

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
. . . . . .then none of the lowlifes with designs on your pride and joy will have an easy time nicking it.

I'm not sure that level of key protection is true of other manufacturers. But I am sure it's worth something in peace of mind.

Geoff

Just a pity these marvells of technology only locks the doors and will happily let you walk off with any of the windows open

I had a ten year old vectra that had total closure, windows doors, even sunroof. - one key press. 'sob' !
(And not one child or animal was ever hurt in the process)

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom