W203 knocking noise from rear

Nuclear Bob

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I've seen some similar threads recently, so apologies if similar fault, but my 2002 CDI coupe knocks from the rear (both sides it seems) when travelling over mildly uneven roads. The sound is similar to that expected if the spare wheel was loose, ie. a dullish clonk. Needless to say i have removed all items in the boot, but it still occurs. A check at my local indie couldn't find anything wrong (all tight, shocks and springs OK). I have sprayed WD40 on the bushes too. However, the front bushes were replaced 3 years ago after similar symptoms at the front, so the rear bushes seem likely?.

Bob

OP
N

Nuclear Bob

Reaction score
Thanks Malcolm - as I expected - will I need both bushes (20) and rods (70)? Or is it better to get the set (2 bushes and 2 rods)?

Bob

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If there is no wear at all on one side you could leave it, if a little wear then change as well as a hammering action starts up on the joints knocking them out quite fast from that point on., its also easy once you have done one side

H

HugoRS10

Part 20 ?! I need these bushes! Help

Huey guys I know this thread was a while back but its the closest explanation I have found yo my issue. Which is exactly like its been described above. now I've purchased the rear like or anti roll sway bar but can't seem to find the bushes on eBay. I may have come across them but am so unsure of what I'm looking for. Is there any chance that someone could show me a link to purchase these bushes or part 20 as mentioned earlier. Many thanks in advance for tour kind replies :)

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Huey guys I know this thread was a while back but its the closest explanation I have found yo my issue. Which is exactly like its been described above. now I've purchased the rear like or anti roll sway bar but can't seem to find the bushes on eBay. I may have come across them but am so unsure of what I'm looking for. Is there any chance that someone could show me a link to purchase these bushes or part 20 as mentioned earlier. Many thanks in advance for tour kind replies :)

bushes are only about £6 from the dealer

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom