W203 (prefacelift) Xenon Alignment

argeez benz

Reaction score
My nearside xenon light unit appears to be slightly out of alignment. When you start the car up at night both units normally move up and down as if they are aligning ?????? The left one appears to have stopped doing this. Has anyone else expereinced this ? If not has anyone got any suggestions on where to look ?

Please lighten my darkness :-0)

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
If it has stopped "dancing" at start-up it sounds like the levelling motor may have failed. The adjuster motor is part of the headlamp unit

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
These lights when they come on, or in the case of zenons, when the arc strikes it is very bright for a few mili seconds, this is why they come on in the downward mode, and then rise.
As whitenemesis,,could be the control unit, difficult to buy at this point in time on there own

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
On the 202 the levelling motor attaches to the adjustable headlight reflector via a ball and socket, this can detach if someone has tried to remove the motor clumsily.
I think the 203 has a similar system.
To check remove levelling motor by gently twisting it from the headlight if it can be pulled straight out of the headlight it will need reattaching, which is headlight out and removal of the lense. But do check that both levelling motors are operating as Whitenemesis mentioned first.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom