W203 Speedtronic Fault

Larpy

Reaction score
Whilst driving this morning I put on the speed limiter, as I did this speedtronic/cr.ctrl visit workshop came up on the computer, and the limiter did not work, cruise control worked, but the car went into limp home mode.

I have read a lot of posts on this forum regarding this and it seems like the battery is the main culprit, is this correct?.

The car is on a 01 plate and was subject to a recall regarding the battery which was replaced.

I have owned the car for two years.

Any help would be much appreciated.:confused::confused::confused:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Have you tried the car since,, it is odd never one of these faults up before and 2 this week

OP
L

Larpy

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm

Thanks for your post, just taken the car for a spin around the block, the fault was clear on startup, but as soon as I used the limiter the fault came up and the car went into limp home mode. I stopped the car switched off and started again, fault cleared, car drove well. Used the limiter again fault came on ect.....

Cheers Ricky

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think that one of the techies may know this one, see when I get back,, it sounds like the module itself

duckodil

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class/2001/200Komp
I've had the same problem for over a year...

Did anyone find the solution to this? I am having the same issue with w203 (C-Class 200 Komp 2001) speedtronic speed limiter and poor performance... I've been told that this could be a relay, but after calling the Merc garage to buy the correct relay, they say they dont know where it is ... or it doesn't have one!

Tends to happen alot more when the air temp outside is cold.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
If you would like help, starting a new thread with far more detail than above would be a good idea.

So, specifically, what is at fault?
How long for?
What has been tried?
What fault codes have you?
Any other background info that might be important?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you would like help, starting a new thread with far more detail than above would be a good idea.

So, specifically, what is at fault?
How long for?
What has been tried?
What fault codes have you?
Any other background info that might be important?

He has Alex and I have just answered on it

A

Anchises

Speedtronic issues

I'm having similar problems with intermittent operation of the Speedtronic system. The symptoms are:
  1. The Speetronic fails to work when first switched on
  2. The Speedtronic fails when resetting after braking
  3. The Speedtronic fails after adjusting the speed or the upper limit
  4. The problem is worst after a cold start especially in damp weather.
  5. Occasionally an error message is displayed suggesting the car is taken to the workshop.
The car is a C220 CDI SE Auto (Coupé), 53 plate.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom