W203 Wiper Problem

pauldlf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 Mercedes C180K Avantgarde SE with Evolution Sport Pack (silver). 1990 Mazda MX5 (red).
Hello.

This is my first post here so please forgive me if I inadvertently break any rules!

I have a 2003 C180k and it has just developed a problem with the passenger windscreen wiper. It does not move when the wipers are activated. The drivers side one works fine. When I try to move the wiper by hand it moves freely, making me think that there is some sort of linkage problem.

I'm tempted to try to repair this myself rather than take it to a dealer. Does anyone have any experience of this problem and/or any advice on how to rectify it without breaking the bank?!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul:confused:

Roxy John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'07 W211 E320CDI Sport
Hi and welcome to the forum! I've had this in the past and it could be that the securing nut holding down the wiper arm to it's drive spindle has just worked loose. Even a slight loosening can be enough to allow the arm to clear the splines. I don't know about the mechanism specifically for the W203, but if the linkage was broken and therefore flailing around, I'm sure you would know about it!

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
hello paul, this one is easy - just tighten the nut!

and never use those wipers when they are frozen to the screen again ;)

OP
P

pauldlf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 Mercedes C180K Avantgarde SE with Evolution Sport Pack (silver). 1990 Mazda MX5 (red).
Many thanks, all fixed and I didn't have to spend any money! :p

Roxy John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'07 W211 E320CDI Sport
Ahh.... did you not read the small print with regard to resolving problems via the forum and the associated charges....?? ;-)

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom