W204 Comand Display Flickering

TonyBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 220dci 2007
My W204 with pop-up comand display suddenly developed a fault where every time it was opened, it would flicker 10 times, and then go blank. Closing and opening the panel would make it work again for 10 flashes, then it would again go off. This was only really visible at night, during the daytime the screen was so dim it was difficult to see anything at all.

My local MD franchised dealership had a look, couldn't find any immediate fault, so refered to MB advice. This said problems with the display were probably due to faulty firmware within the Comand unit, and it should be reloaded. Anyway, to cut a long story short, this attempt at getting the problem resolved was clearly going nowhere.

Following advice from another forum, we took the car to Unique Car Sound & Security (http://www.comand.co.uk), where Mark and Richard quickly concluded the fault was with the display itself. Once the display was replaced, everything was fine again. I suspect the franchised dealer would have got there in the end, but probably only having replaced everything else first. They clearly had no experience of their own in this area, and were relying on following the MB fault finding guidance.

Given Mark and Richard's expertise, and the fact that they charge considerably less than the franchised dealers, I have no doubt who I would recommend using for Comand issues

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes good people, I know Richard quite well, a clever guy on these things, it had to be what they said it was, there is nothing else to it :D

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom