W204 indicator problem..intermittent!! Help!

Ap69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2008
Hi,

My c class w204 57 plate has a weird problem! When you start the car indicators work fine, after a short while they will suddenly stop so cant indicate left or right! Once i switch the car off and on they will be back on but only for a short while! Anybody else come across this issue?? Sometimes i have to switch it on and off a few times before they work again!

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Never heard of this one and it has not been up here before,, i would think thje car needs to go on STAR to see if the fault is recorded, it could be a SAM problem

OP
A

Ap69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2008
Thanks for you reply..is the sam specific to indicators? Hazard light seems to work when the indicator stops!! Headlights wipers/washer all work too...its only intermittent..just came back after driving for 30mins no issues..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A SAM is the electronic storage device that has these things built and configured in

markg14

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class Sport C220 CDI 2007
Hi,

My c class w204 57 plate has a weird problem! When you start the car indicators work fine, after a short while they will suddenly stop so cant indicate left or right! Once i switch the car off and on they will be back on but only for a short while! Anybody else come across this issue?? Sometimes i have to switch it on and off a few times before they work again!

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks

I had a problem where the indicators stopped working - took it into MB and they diagnosed a software problem.

New software uploaded and no problem since.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I had a problem where the indicators stopped working - took it into MB and they diagnosed a software problem.

New software uploaded and no problem since.

Thanks for your reply,,, and yes it could just be a software problem in the SAM and it probably is :D

OP
A

Ap69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2008
thanks, was it the rear SAM software update? or a general software update?

OP
A

Ap69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2008
Just an update, STAR came up with hazard and indicator fault! Not a lot of info..now do i change the stalk as advised by the garage or do a software update? Need to know if i need a sam update or general update?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just an update, STAR came up with hazard and indicator fault! Not a lot of info..now do i change the stalk as advised by the garage or do a software update? Need to know if i need a sam update or general update?

I would settle for the update for the other things could be false readings

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom