W204 Wipers stalk/switch

johnmowcop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI 2005 Also Atego /2002/diesel
Hello,

2008 c200 W204. I have been having trouble for ages. Advice seems to be: change the stalk assembly, but not convinced that is the answer.
Intermittent problems, this is the latest manifestation. No wiper action or washer action on any of the positions, switch ignition on an off and all functions return for a period of no fixed duration, sometimes days sometimes half an hour.
Occasional problem with indicators, same solution and result.
Surely this cannot be the switch, as it seems dependent upon ignition on-off cycle.
Any advice gratefully received.

JohnT

rifiki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W209 W121190B
Only wash/wipe and indicators worked on multifunction lever on my 05 CLK, new one around £90

OP
johnmowcop

johnmowcop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello,

2008 c200 W204. I have been having trouble for ages. Advice seems to be: change the stalk assembly, but not convinced that is the answer.
Intermittent problems, this is the latest manifestation. No wiper action or washer action on any of the positions, switch ignition on an off and all functions return for a period of no fixed duration, sometimes days sometimes half an hour.
Occasional problem with indicators, same solution and result.
Surely this cannot be the switch, as it seems dependent upon ignition on-off cycle.
Any advice gratefully received.

JohnT
Ok gents, trying to resurrect this thread.
Somebody must know an answer, I am convinced it's not the switch. Came to the car today, nothing worked on the indicator stalk, not wipers, washers, indicators or headlight flasher. This was only noticed once I was on the motorway. Came off the motorway, first opportunity (at traffic lights) switched ignition off, restarted - immediately every thing works as it should.
Is there a common feed to the stalk that could be failing.
Your help would be much appreciated.
JohnT

OP
johnmowcop

johnmowcop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Original poster here, for the information of anyone with the same problem.

It was the switch! Bought second hand one of e... Now works fine.

chrisden

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes b class 180 63 plate
new to all this apologies if posted in wrong place, windscreen wipers and screen wash not working on my b class 180, there is no power getting to the fuse or wiper motor, can anyone offer some advice? many thanks

chrisden

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes b class 180 63 plate
i have a similar problem with my b class 180, wipers do not work at all, the fuse is fine but no power getting to fuse or to the wiper motor, also screen washers do not work, but the rear washer and wiper is fine, Anyone got any advice for me?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom