W205 - Active Park Assist not working

Scott-Mercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200/2015/2 litre
Hey,

I have a 2015 C200 and am having an issue with the active park assist. When I drive past a space slowly, the blue P comes up and the arrow indicates on it. I then indicate, put the car in reverse, but the option on the dash that says “use/activate park assist” or whatever it is supposed to say never comes on so I can never use the feature. I bought the car privately a month ago so not under dealer warranty. Can anyone help me out on this please? I’ve watched all the videos online and can’t see my problem anywhere.

Thanks

Oarsman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S350L CDI Bluetec, Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDI, 1963 Triumph TR4
Hey,

I have a 2015 C200 and am having an issue with the active park assist. When I drive past a space slowly, the blue P comes up and the arrow indicates on it. I then indicate, put the car in reverse, but the option on the dash that says “use/activate park assist” or whatever it is supposed to say never comes on so I can never use the feature. I bought the car privately a month ago so not under dealer warranty. Can anyone help me out on this please? I’ve watched all the videos online and can’t see my problem anywhere.

Thanks
I may be incorrect, but I believe you need to steer, brake and accelerate with this system. It is not auto park.

OP
S

Scott-Mercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200/2015/2 litre
Thanks for the reply. But no option to do anything comes up on the dash. On all the videos ives seen, it asks you to press the ok button on the dash to confirm the active parking, but even though I see the p with a dash to the right for example, inidicate and go into reverse, nothing comes up on the dash to engage the Parking.

Oarsman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As I said, I do not think you have auto park. If you select reverse, the dash display should show how much to turn the steering wheel. You should cover the indicated lines until they change colour. You have to do all the driving. The display just assists you to park by showing your position in the space.

OP
S

Scott-Mercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200/2015/2 litre
Update - I figured it out. It does have auto parking, but you have to select reverse, then press up on the stalk again for it to enter the auto park mode. This is not somethkg they showed on any of the videos which is quite bad really.

Thanks for your help anyway, nice to know people out there do try and help

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
I may be incorrect, but I believe you need to steer, brake and accelerate with this system. It is not auto park.
Not true! The car steers itself into the parking space and stops at the right time. You don't need to accelerate but can if you so wish. You need to signal your intention so that the car can measure the amount of space available, though. Great for parallel parking!

Ernie

Oarsman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB have two systems. One that is fully automatic and the one I described which just gives directions. I have the second system on my W221.

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
you need to have the indicator on depending which side of the road you want it to park

OP
S

Scott-Mercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200/2015/2 litre
Thanks. But I figured out you have to have the car in reverse (obviously!) and then flick the stalk up a second time for it to ask you if you want to activate the parking. All the videos showed that you just put the car in reverse and the option comes up but on my car for some reason you have to flick up twice on the stalk

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
On mine if you indicate first then pull up level with the car in front of the desired space, select reverse on the stalk and it asks you if you want to use the park assist, press yes on the steering wheel button and Hey Presto!

kindn3ss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 Mercedes Benz C200/2014/2L
Update - I figured it out. It does have auto parking, but you have to select reverse, then press up on the stalk again for it to enter the auto park mode. This is not somethkg they showed on any of the videos which is quite bad really.

Thanks for your help anyway, nice to know people out there do try and help
Hi Scott; what stalk are you pressing again? I'm going through the same experience you indicated above (not getting any options to OK the steering guidance). I tried to press the cruise control lever 1 time, and 2 times, and even 3 times, and nothing activates - so I can see directions how to park.

What do you mean by pressing the STALK? What is that stalk?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Hi Scott; what stalk are you pressing again? I'm going through the same experience you indicated above (not getting any options to OK the steering guidance). I tried to press the cruise control lever 1 time, and 2 times, and even 3 times, and nothing activates - so I can see directions how to park.

What do you mean by pressing the STALK? What is that stalk?
Indicator to the side you want to park on

kindn3ss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Indicator to the side you want to park on
Hi hi…

Thanks for prompt reply. :)

Are you referring to Turn left and right Indicator? I used that and still no display guidance. I have 3 levers there: Turn signal, speedometer/cruise control, and steering wheel adjuster.

I tried all 3 (obviously made no sense to me, but enigma can’t be busted sometimes through unexpected actions). ;)

This is what I do:
1. Once in a parking lot or an area that shows me the Blue P, I slow down
2. Continue to drive forward slowly in till I find the desired parking spot (note, the Blue P does NOT get a left or right arrows to indicate which park is available)
3. I fully stop the car with the foot break pedal (HOLD shows up; Blue P is gone)
4. I switch the automatic gear in Reverse
5. I Signal Right or Left
6. I pressed the signal 2 times up or down (left signal or right signal) - still can’t see the steering wheel guidance
6. I ht the gas pedal - no directions/guidance in the display still

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Hi hi…

Thanks for prompt reply. :)

Are you referring to Turn left and right Indicator? I used that and still no display guidance. I have 3 levers there: Turn signal, speedometer/cruise control, and steering wheel adjuster.

I tried all 3 (obviously made no sense to me, but enigma can’t be busted sometimes through unexpected actions). ;)

This is what I do:
1. Once in a parking lot or an area that shows me the Blue P, I slow down
2. Continue to drive forward slowly in till I find the desired parking spot (note, the Blue P does NOT get a left or right arrows to indicate which park is available)
3. I fully stop the car with the foot break pedal (HOLD shows up; Blue P is gone)
4. I switch the automatic gear in Reverse
5. I Signal Right or Left
6. I pressed the signal 2 times up or down (left signal or right signal) - still can’t see the steering wheel guidance
6. I ht the gas pedal - no directions/guidance in the display still
Yep I meant turn signal stalk, that needs to be on so the car knows which side it wants to look at, after that it’s a case of driving along with the turn signal activated and waiting for the cluster to say okay I’ve found a space I think I can fit this car in. What you may find is although you can get into a parking space the car may believe it’s a bit tighter than it wants and therefore won’t give you the option to park there

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
My 14 plate ML will by default 'look' to the left for a parking space without the need of the indicator. When the arrow appears, stop, select Reverse & the instructions to get the car to park itself will show on the dash cluster. To park itself on the right, the car needs to be indicating to the right. On the few occasions I've used it, I do not engage HOLD

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
you need to have the indicator on depending which side of the road you want it to park
Mine (SL) automatically finds parking on the left. I have to use the right indicator if I want to find parking on both sides of the road.

It varies from car to car. On my SLK, I had to use the left indicator for it to find a parking space.

From my user manual:
When driving at speeds below 30 km/h, you will see parking symbol
mbsymb6_inv_003b.png
as a status indicator on the instrument cluster. When a parking space has been detected, an arrow towards the right or the left also appears. Active Parking Assist displays only parking spaces on the front-passenger side as standard. Parking spaces on the driver's side are displayed as soon as the turn signal on the driver's side is activated. When parking on the driver's side, this must remain activated until you confirm the use of Active Parking Assist by pressing the
mbsymb5_inv_0061.png
button on the multifunction steering wheel. The system automatically determines whether the parking space is parallel or at right angles to the direction of travel.
A parking space is displayed while you are driving past it, and until you are approximately 15 m away from it.

kindn3ss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yep I meant turn signal stalk, that needs to be on so the car knows which side it wants to look at, after that it’s a case of driving along with the turn signal activated and waiting for the cluster to say okay I’ve found a space I think I can fit this car in. What you may find is although you can get into a parking space the car may believe it’s a bit tighter than it wants and therefore won’t give you the option to park there
So I have to signal before stopping so the car detects what side I am looking to park on.

Will try again tomorrow. Will provide updates. Hopefully that will be the trick.

kindn3ss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My 14 plate ML will by default 'look' to the left for a parking space without the need of the indicator. When the arrow appears, stop, select Reverse & the instructions to get the car to park itself will show on the dash cluster. To park itself on the right, the car needs to be indicating to the right. On the few occasions I've used it, I do not engage HOLD
I will try to avoid the HOLD.. maybe that will help.

Top Bottom