W206 C-Class Offical Launch Pics & Info

KillerHERTZ

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
W463 G55 AMG
Mercedes introduced the W201 in 1982 as the precursor of the C-Class, which went on to become its best-selling series lineup. After nearly 40 years on the market and six generations (including the original 190 series), the C-Class has racked up more than 10.5 million sales. The time has come for a new generation that will try to continue the success of its predecessors despite competing in an SUV-hungry market.

The German luxury brand is not wasting any time as the sedan is being joined from day one by the more practical wagon, which will continue to remain a forbidden fruit in the United States. As expected, the exterior design is not a major departure from the outgoing model, but Mercedes has implemented enough changes to make the C-Class feel fresh for 2021.

It follows the sharper headlight design theme seen in the bigger models and adopts a cleaner side profile with reduced lines. The US-spec model will be available with a choice between 18- and 19-inch wheels whereas its European counterpart is also getting a smaller 17-inch set. At the back, the W206 generation is the first C-Class to have two-piece taillights, bringing the model in line with the more expensive E-Class and S-Class.

From the outside, some would argue it’s more along the lines of a significant facelift rather than a next-generation model, but that all changes once you hop inside the cabin. No, we haven’t made an error while uploading these images as these do show the new C-Class rather than the latest S-Class. The screen-heavy setup has trickled down from the crown jewel of the Mercedes lineup.

In North America, the 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster will be standard, and so will the 11.9-inch touchscreen for the second-generation MBUX infotainment system. Over in Europe, lesser trim levels will make do with a smaller 10.25-inch driver’s display and a more compact 9.5-inch center screen. The interior will be more spacious than before as a result of stretching the wheelbase by one inch (25 mm), now at 112.8 in (2,865 mm).

Speaking of dimensions, the new C-Class is 2.5 in (65 mm) longer and 0.5 in (10 mm) wider compared to the model it replaces and has a sleeker stance thanks to a slightly lowered roofline. As a result of its increased footprint, there’s more headroom, elbow room, and shoulder room at the front and rear, with passengers sitting in the back also enjoying more legroom.

The European C-Class also gets C200 / C200 4Matic gasoline models with a smaller 1.5-liter developing 201 hp (150 kW) and 221 lb-ft (300 Nm), plus the aforementioned boost from the ISG. The all-paw model reaches 62 mph (100 km/h) in 7.1 seconds in both sedan and wagon flavors while the RWD models do the job in 7.3 seconds (sedan) and 7.5 seconds (wagon).

In terms of top speed, the AWD-equipped C200 sedan and wagon reach 150 mph (241 km/h) compared to the 153 mph (246 km/h) velocity of the RWD sedan and 149 mph (240 km/h) of the RWD wagon.

A base C180 will be available in Europe exclusively with RWD and the 1.5-liter dialed down to 167 hp (125 kW) and 184 lb-ft (250 Nm). This one too has the ISG, contributing to a decent sprint to 62 mph in 8.6 seconds before the car reaches 144 mph (231 km/h) regardless of the body style.

mercedes-c-klasse-limousine-2021.jpg

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
So take the S Class and reduce the size slightly

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I saw the review on this by Carwow on YouTube. They have continued the fake exhaust theme, My W205 exhaust's are real, they have pipes behind them, very small issue but why do they do this. ?

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
But why the heck do manufacturers keep increasing the size?? If you want E class size you'd buy one - these are now the size e-class was 20 yr ago - so why??

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Sorry if it offends but, take away the snobbery badge and that is an ugly car. I went in an E-class with that interior minus the TV in the middle and its a ****** eye sore, in my personal opinion. Seriously the auto industry needs to get the past timers out of retirement and whip the new breed into shape.

The reason why manufactures do fake exhausts is that 99% of the people that buy them will think they are real and look 'cool' and size wise, its probably due to the safety features that take up space and add size as well as I think people are generally larger these days than the olden days. Despite exterior dimensions, I find them to be quite 'tight' and small inside in reality.

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
But why the heck do manufacturers keep increasing the size?? If you want E class size you'd buy one - these are now the size e-class was 20 yr ago - so why??

Too many Denny's and Ponderosa's .

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
It looks very miserable from the front, like me on a grump morning!

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think ( not for the first time ) the wagon looks better than the saloon

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
The first thing that struck me was just how similar the new C Class looks to the new E class.
Until I learn exactly what to look for I reckon I wil struggle to tell them apart...and probably even after too. :D
2021 C Class.jpg 2021 E Class.jpg

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The brand new C Class was unveiled yesterday but I havent seen any chat about it on here yet (presumably should be in this section).
Yes it is a nice looking car although I'm most looking forward to seeing the coupe, but the thing that immediately struck me was how similar it looks to the new E Class.
Until I learn exactly what to look for I reckon I wil struggle to tell them apart...and probably even after too. :D
You didn't look hard enough...... I've merged your thread with the previous one on the same subject... :)

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The brand new C Class was unveiled yesterday but I havent seen any chat about it on here yet (presumably should be in this section).
Yes it is a nice looking car although I'm most looking forward to seeing the coupe, but the thing that immediately struck me was how similar it looks to the new E Class.
View attachment 65899 View attachment 65900
Good looking??? You've put the wrong piccys up then!!

Thats fugly. I couldn't tell that apart from a CLA (fugly) from those angles.... current one is a way better looking car imo.

The wagon is a bit better looking, but not pretty at the front.

Not sure what this new design is about - the new BMW's are the same, incredibly ugly fronts.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I couldn't tell that apart from a CLA (fugly) from those angles...
You need your eyes testing. :D
Either that or you are having a deliberate dig at me because you know I have a CLA? :p

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
All manufacturers are doing this.
Take a modern Fiesta for example, it is around the same size as a Mk.1 Focus of 20 years ago.

Last edited:

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You need your eyes testing. :D
Either that or you are having a deliberate dig at me because you know I have a CLA? :p
No I'd forgotten actually!

I dont like the front of the CLA. I like the back of the wagon but not the saloon....

I liked Mercs when they looked like Merc's - just don't like this odd new styling...

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No I'd forgotten actually!

I dont like the front of the CLA. I like the back of the wagon but not the saloon....
In that case it is strange that you single out the CLA when it is pretty much identical from the front to the A Class, with the latter being far more common on our roads.
The CLA is officially designated as a 4 door Coupe or Shooting Brake. There is an A Class Saloon which again looks more or less identical from the front.
I would never buy any estate car mainly because I have no use for one, but I do think the Saloon or Coupe versions look far nicer.
It is good that we don't all like the same things. :)

P.S. My favourite view of my car is the rear 3/4. :cool:
6.jpeg

Last edited:

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom