W208 - blower no longer working

mtayre

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320, 2000
Hi all,

I've got a problem with the blowers on my 2000 CLK. They are no longer blowing out any air (other than when moving which is just natural airflow). The air the is coming through when on the move is still as set on the temperature dials.

The blowers have been a bit intermittent over the last few weeks, occasionally turning on full without the dials ever being touched, but then going back down to the set speed. All temperature out of them has been fine through out.

I have not had any strange noises from the passenger foot well, although if I listen carefully, there is a very quiet what I can only describe as a gargling noise.

I know that about 3 1/2 years ago I had a similar problem and blower motor was replaced along with something else (can't remmber what) and I really don't fancy that cost again so any idea's on what it could be and how to fix it would be helpful.

Thanks

Michael

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The chances are is that the carbon brushes have worn out or have become stuck,, drop the motor and check

OP
M

mtayre

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320, 2000
Is it easy to swap over the carbon brushes and where can I get them from?

Thanks

M

mr nozzle

i got mine on ebay for around £6.00. easy enough on my W202

OP
M

mtayre

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320, 2000
Thanks for all your advice. I have managed to get the blowers fixed but it turned out just to be the connection to the blower motor. The connection plug was loose, moving it slightly kicked the motor back into life.

To fix it I cut the plug off and just attached two insulated spade connectors which seem to be working fine. Noting more than that but now I'm thinking back about last time it went, which had exactly the same symptoms and thinking that I may have been ripped off by the dealer?

Thanks again for your help.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom