W208 boot lock won't open

wbatters

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W208/2002/3.2
Can anyone help me? I have a 2002 vintage W208 CLK320 Convertible. Left it in the garage for about a month and the battery has gone flat. Too little charge to open the boot either with the blipper on the keyfob or the button on the console.

So I tried to use the key manually, and I cannot get it to go all the way in! Has anyone any experience of this and any idea how to get the boot open. In can get into the car using the door (manual lock). I also have a battery booster which I might be able to connect to the cigarette lighter and possibly get enough charge into the system to energise the boot lock. Possible.

But it would be great if I could get the boot to open manually. Can anyone help?

peter craine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E CLASS 320 CDI AVENTGARDE
mate of mine had same problem ...same model...he put WD40 with straw in lock and squirted it to death...whilst trying the key blade in and out...plenty of muck came out it opened in the end..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You can use the charger in the cigar lighter socket with the key turned to 1, after 10 mins the remote should work to open the boot

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You have a charge point under a plastic cover ½ way along the front wing.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom