w208 clk lower ball joint

taffman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320
hi everyone does any one know how hard or easy are the lower ball joints to replace on my clk 320 ? and if there is any thing else i need to get to replace them apart from the new ones
cheers :)

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Reasonably easy, you will need a balljoint splitter or a big hammer.
The only problem could be the locating pin seizeing, though this can normally be removed with a bit of heat.

Richie270

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270CDI 2000, 612eng
I did mine about 4 weeks ago, Lemforder ones from ECP about £22 plus VAT each. The time consuming bit was jacking up the car and taking the wheels off.
Really easy job and the pins came out easy with persuasion with a lump hammer. Need a 22mm spanner.
Joint splitter not needed in my case.

Last edited:
OP
T

taffman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320
cheers guys will give it ago when the weather gets a little better haha:)

REMEmechanic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250td sport estate 1998
Quite easy, generally needs a good whack on the end of the arm (not the ball joint) this will cause vibration and seperate the 2 parts.
When you put the new one on the nut will turn so far then you will probably find the ball starts to rotate in the joint so it won't tighten any further, easily solved by someone turning the steering wheel and holding it on lock with a bit of force, you can now tighten the nut fully, hope this helps

OP
T

taffman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320
thanks for the tip mate will give it a try when this rain stops :)

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom