W209 Heater controls - help please!

aileinomuireasain

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209 2005 CLK 220 CDI
Hi All,

Firstly, apologies if this has already been discussed. I found some discussions about a similar issue in W203s and another mentioning duo valves, which apparently the W209 (CLK) doesn't have so I am well and truly going mad.

When I turn the temperature on my climate panel to 18 degrees the air is luke warm. When I turn it to 26 the air is hot. I tried depressing recirc and windscreen demist buttons simultaneously and after a little while of the lights blinking, the recirc button now stays illuminated.

I am hoping to sell the car on to change to a W212 E-Class coupe but the purchaser essentially wants to know if it is a big problem to fix. The AC needs to be regassed but I believe I'm correct in assuming the AC is a sealed unit and should not affect the operation of the heating controls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Alan

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This is normally a heater flap problem, take a look in the DIY section and a post by me on re setting the flaps on a 203

OP
A

aileinomuireasain

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W209 2005 CLK 220 CDI
Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for directing me to your post, assuming I have the right one - "203 reset of blowers and actuators"

It seems I have an older climate control module though - mine has the two rotary knobs.

I have tried the reset function but the recirc led remains lit.

Have I followed it correctly? Apologies if I should be commenting at the bottom of your post.

Alan

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The 203 and 209 are usually the same, my problem is that I am not that clued up on these cars. STAR would give the info that is required to see what is wrong. If it needs to be re gassed, this will keep the lamp on.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom