W209 rear parking sensors not working.

Lesterthetester

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 cabriolet 1994 2.2
Hi, Just bought a 2006 clk 200 and it has rear parking sensors which don't work, searched threads for this and found that this fault could be fuse 13 in the boot and 41 driver's side dash. Both these fuses were OK so I then checked if the fuse terminals were getting a live feed, fuse 41 is getting a live feed but number 13 fuse in the boot isn't getting a live feed, does anyone have any suggestions what to do next? I did have the ignition on and in reverse although the engine wasn't running when checking.
Many thanks,
Lester.

TheBlimp75

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLS 350 107k
Sounds like one of the sensors is out. If one goes they all go.
Have someone put car into reverse and listen to each sensor at the rear, you should be able to hear it clicking . If one or more isn’t then those sensors are diff and will need to be replaced.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

Lesterthetester

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 cabriolet 1994 2.2
Thank you for your reply, I've just come in from fixing it, I could see that the rear plastic panel in the boot had been disturbed as I could see the fixing clips were marked, so I removed the panel. I found cable ties fixing the wiring loom in front of the bumper, obviously not Mercedes, there was an electronic box with lot's of wires that were taped up which looked very amateurish.
It was a "Tracker" installation, one of the connectors to it had come adrift so I pushed it back home. It all works now, must have been that, anyway thanks again,
Lester.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom