W210 2001 320 cdi Alloy Wheel Colour

Matt_EClass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 2005 E55K & 2015 ML350
Hi All, above car, havent posted for a while, car seems to be behaving itself, I doubt for long though!

Anyway, the old girl is in having the rust repairs done, 2 new front wings (the originals were to far gone) both rear arches repaired and a couple of scabs on the nearside doors.

When she comes back on Sat shes gonna look proper peachy! The wheels will let her down so I will do a DIY wheel refurb...I have 2 questions:

1. Whats the closest paint colour to the Mercedes alloy wheel colour?

2. I was thinking I could be creative and change the wheel colour to anthricite? My car is Silver, what are peoples thoughts...Anthricite or standard colour?

Comments Please!

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Please remember that the paint that you use at home is not as hard as the factory/ referb paint.

Ford moondust is a very good match and that is what I use, darker wheels can also look nice.

OP
Matt_EClass

Matt_EClass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 2005 E55K & 2015 ML350
Thanks, Ill have a look at the Refurb colours (I seem to remember they do alloy wheel refurb paint in halfords) could be wrong.

I also seem to remember, didnt you have darker grey inserts on the wheels of your CL?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thanks, Ill have a look at the Refurb colours (I seem to remember they do alloy wheel refurb paint in halfords) could be wrong.

I also seem to remember, didnt you have darker grey inserts on the wheels of your CL?

Yes I did as they were an easy wheel to deal with, I cannot quite see the the wheels on your car.

The halfords wheel paint is only the same stuff in the car colours so the choice is yours

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom