W210 bumper - impact strip?

Yannick

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 E320 7-seater, 1958 Norton Dominator, Honda CG125 (because my XRV750 was pinched)
my wife put an impressive scrape down the side of our bumper yesterday, but luckily most of the damage seems confined to the 'band' that runs along the middle of the bumper. I have searched the internet for a replacement but can only find a complete bumper (minus this band) or the chrome strip. Does anyone know the name of the part of I'm banging on about?
Any help appreciated

Last edited:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
is it a pre facelift model where the strip in question also houses the number plate? mine was damaged (and still is) when i bought it. new from MB theyre about £90. theyre rare 2nd hand, but it could always be removed and repaired!

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
if its a facelifted model however where the strip is in 2 halves seperated by the no plate, try euromerc. they had a few in stock the other day when i looked

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
my wife put an impressive scrape down the side of our bumper yesterday, but luckily most of the damage seems confined to the 'band' that runs along the middle of the bumper. I have searched the internet for a replacement but can only find a complete bumper (minus this band) or the chrome strip. Does anyone know the name of the part of I'm banging on about?
Any help appreciated

It is called a Protective strip and can be found on the following http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb0.asp?TP=1

Look in far right hand col and locate your car 210.061 E 240 then at bottom of page select your year which will open up the page you require then find '88 ATTACHMENT PARTS' hey presto thar she blows....

OP
Y

Yannick

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 E320 7-seater, 1958 Norton Dominator, Honda CG125 (because my XRV750 was pinched)
Thanks for the advice. Hadn't considered repairing it myself but I'm going to give it a go. I've searched the forum for tips on re-spraying plastic but assume the process is much the same as metal bodywork...Presumably the protective strip can be easily prised off.
To stop this happening again, does anyone rate any of the aftermarket parking sensors?
Almost bought an E320 with the slick Merc stock system but went for a lower-spec but better loved example in the end.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
wise move. a better loved car is always a better buy. especially if its a w210!!!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom