W210 E Class Audio 10 CD not playing CDRs

petenaylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 CLK230K Convertible in silver
Hi all

I have a problem where the Audio 10 CD Stereo in my 2001 E200 Kompressor doesn't play CDRs very well. It doesn't seem to be able to start playing the disc at all. If you leave it a while it sometimes eventually plays the disc but this can take the entire 20 minute journey before it starts!

Is there a particular type of CD I need to buy?

I have tried Sony, TDK and Imation and they are the standard green faced ones. I have also tried to burn at slow speeds using different CD burners and different software. None of which seems to help.

Thanks
Pete.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi Pete,, the disc do need to be very high reflective surface, or they will not play,,as it is finding the info after a time,it cannot be a writing error

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
many early cd systems werent compatible with cd-r's either. there have been problems with various makes of cd system ive seen up until about 5 years ago. of course if its something thats just started happening, it may just need a lens cleaning disc through the system to clean the optics

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
My CD Changer was much the same in my C43, after a bit of investigation i considered myself lucky that they even played, as i believe units of this age were,nt meant too. You could try changing the format/disc type, but the fact they play at all i would say thats the best you can hope for.
FYI
Mine certainly did,nt play MP3 format.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom